Thank you very much for visiting Writing to Meet You: Letters for Secluded Times (the “Website”). The Website is operated based on the following site policies (these “Policies”). People who access and use the Website are deemed to have agreed to these Policies.
- All intellectual property rights, such as copyright, in the information displayed on the Website (such as essays, illustrations, and pictures) belong to the Japan Foundation, writers, and other third parties.
- The information displayed on the Website cannot be reprinted or reproduced, in whole or in part, for any purpose other than private use.
- The information displayed on the Website can be quoted to the extent expressly permitted by law, in addition to educational purposes. In this case, please clearly give credit in the following manner:
In Japanese: “提供 国際交流基金” / “出典 国際交流基金”
In English: “Copyright: The Japan Foundation” / “Source: The Japan Foundation”
- Notwithstanding Paragraph (3), if you wish to use a picture or image on the Website relating to a specific person, the consent of such person must be obtained in order to protect such person’s rights. For information on obtaining consent, please contact the number below:
Planning and Coordination Section, Arts and Culture Dept.
- Information displayed on the Website may not be used for commercial purposes, such as advertising or sales of products. However, the use of information displayed on the Website may be permitted for items, such as commemorative goods, only after obtaining the consent of the Japan Foundation.
In this case, the Japan Foundation does not recommend or endorse the said items or grant exclusive permission.
2. Exemption of responsibility
- The utmost care is given to security on this site. However, this does not guarantee that the possibility of mistaken contents resulting from uncontrollable factors, such as falsification by a third party, is completely eliminated. The Japan Foundation does not bear responsibility for any damage to persons resulting from the use of this site or information on this site.
- In order to facilitate the convenience of people using this site, this site includes contents, links, and other information suggested by third parties and translations of these items carried out by the Japan Foundation, for which the Japan Foundation does not have responsibility.
3. Use environment
- Recommended browsers
In order for our web pages to be displayed quickly, we recommend that you always use the latest version of your browser.
However, depending on your user environment, you might not be able to use some of the services provided on this site.
The Japan Foundation Site Policy (https://www.jpf.go.jp/e/policy/)
5. Handling of Cookies
The Japan Foundation (hereinafter in this Article, “we,” “us,” or “JF”) hereby sets forth the following policy with respect to the handling of cookies on the Website.
You can disable cookies in the user’s browser settings. However, disabling cookies used by JF may affect the Website’s performance.
Cookies refer to files and information stored on users’ computers (including any devices that can connect to the internet, such as smartphones and tablets) when users visit the Website. Cookies usually include the name of the website from which the cookie is generated, the effective period of that cookie (the period of time it exists on the user’s device), and a randomly generated unique number.
Types of cookies the Website uses
The Website uses two types of cookies: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are cookies that are temporarily stored on a user’s device for the duration of the visit until the user stops viewing the Website. Persistent cookies are stored for a longer period of time or until the user themself deletes them (the storage period depends on the effective period of the cookie and the user’s browser settings).
JF may provide information regarding users’ usage history of the Website to web advertising operation partners and data analysis partners. Partners provided with that information may use it in conjunction with user information obtained via different channels.
For example, we use Google Analytics to understand the Website’s traffic and analyze what types of content users are reading.
JF may also conduct market research and improve Website functions and contents using cookies set by third parties.
How to control cookies
Please note that if cookies are deleted or rejected, it may not be possible to use some of the functions provided by the Website. It may be possible that users’ settings will not be recorded, or that some webpages will not be displayed correctly, etc.
For Chrome, please see the Google support webpage below.
For Internet Explorer, please see the Microsoft support webpage below.
For Firefox, please see the Mozilla support webpage below.
For Safari, please see the Apple support webpage below.
For other browsers, please see the official website for that browser.
Services used by the Website
6. Social Media Policy
7. Web Accessibility
We strive to ensure that this site conforms to Level AA for web accessibility (JIS X 8341-3:2016 Conformance Level AA).
“Web accessibility” refers to ensuring that anyone, including the elderly and persons with disabilities, can use the information and functionality provided by a homepage or other website without difficulty (from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications’ Everyone’s Public Website Operational Guidelines,2016 edition).
The Japanese Industrial Standard for web accessibility, JIS X 8341-3:2016, was revised in March 2016. The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications released Everyone’s Public Website Operational Guidelines (2016 edition) in April the same year. These guidelines call on public institutions operated by national and local public entities to strive to offer homepages that conform to the JIS standard for accessibility.
- The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notification.
- While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, the Japan Foundation does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using this site.
- The company names, product names, logos, etc. carried on this site are registered trademarks of the organizations or sales entities concerned.
- Due to technical limitations of the electronic media, fonts, etc. might differ from those in printed publicity materials (for example, machine-dependent characters, personal names).
- Due to system disorder, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site might be temporarily suspended. The Japan Foundation does not bear responsibility for any damage resulting from said suspensions.
- Inquiries regarding this site policy:
The Japan Foundation
Planning and Coordination Section
Arts and Culture Dept.
YOTSUYA CRUCE, 1-6-4 Yotsuya
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004, Japan
arts[a]jpf.go.jp（Replace “[a]” with “@”.）